Following the announcement that the Oxford branch of the UCU has voted in favour of strike action over pay and working conditions, with 14 strike days taking place across February and March, the TGHS committee wanted to give an update regarding the TGHS event previously planned for Tuesday 10th March (8th week).
Noting that the Transnational and Global History Seminar:
- Is a student-run seminar.
- Is overseen by the Sudbury Oxford Transnational History Foundation, which is not a direct party to the dispute.
But also noting:
- That the issues over which strike action is being taken (including pensions, pay, equality, casualisation and workloads) are of concern to students as well as staff.
- That previous TGHS events coinciding with UCU strike action have not gone ahead.
- That as well as student speakers, a staff member was planned to be participating in the TGHS event affected.
As such the TGHS committee has decided that the seminar previously planned for Tuesday 10th March (8th week) will not be taking place.
Given that the event was planned to provide detailed discussion and feedback for DPhil students on their work, we are working to explore possibilities for the TGHS to provide such a forum later in 2020.
The TGHS Committee
Transnational and Global History Seminar - Hilary 2020
Wine and soft drink refreshments provided from 4:45pm – all welcome.